Saturday, May 24, 2008

P.S. I Love You


Mike and I have been married for 9 months and 20 days! These past nine months have flown by. When Mike and I first met it was still 2005 but only for about 10 days. In the time that i have known my husband I have only seen him cry about 2 times. But I have never seen him cry hard about anything.
Ladies and gents, Last night my husband cried his eyes out. I also did as well. We watched the movie P.S. I Love You. If you do decide to watch this movie, Have about 2 Kleenex boxes on hand and a friend to lean on. 10 minutes or so into the movie I was already crying. Off and on I cried throughout the entire movie. I'm not really sure when Mike started crying but at the end of the movie I looked up and he was crying. and then after the movie we both held each other and both kept on crying. I don't think I have ever cried so much during a movie. We had to put on the office so that we could both stop crying.
I think part of the reason why we both we were crying is because the movie is about a couple that has been married for about 10 years, and then the husband dies of a brain tumor. Before he dies he leaves these letters for her that are sent at random times during the movie telling her things that she should do. it's a really moving movie because it shows a picture of almost true life dealings with a death. All throughout the movie are different flash backs of the couple together. It makes you cry and really appreciate your husband/wife. To think about something like that happening when your not ready for it. It was sad, and we cried together. and so I just wanted to say , Hey Mike, P.S. I Love You!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this is mike........so embarrassing...cant believe she wrote this......ummmmm i would love to deny it but...... geez.....this sucks.....now im going to have to do like manly things for a year to built my rep back up. haha

James said...

I agree mike. Here is your penance
1. watch 6 straight hours of hockey
2. eat two pounds of undercooked meat
3. go to a fancy restaurant and desecrate it with unholy flatulance
4. Kill a wild animal with your bare hands
5. Grow an impressive beard.

I'll be checking in periodically to see how you're doing